Hello!
I'm Charlotte... you probably already kinda knew that from the post title. Okay.
I like writing. Something about making a journal for random strangers on the internet to read was for some reason attractive, so here I am.
If you were wondering, the title of my blog was borrowed from the title of an obscure, unreleased Kate Bush song. It seemed fitting somehow.
Today I scrapped the idea of doing Nanowrimo, which is when you write a novel in a month. (Go to www.nanowrimo.org if you're curious. It's fun.) It's officially something that takes place in November, only I'm not going to be able to do it in November, so I was going to write my novel now. Discovered I completely and utterly forgot to write prose, which is probably a side-effect of too much outlining and not enough reading and writing this year. (I haven't finished a novel in over a year, if you want to count those sorry things as novels. Boo hoo.) So now I'm going to lay off the writing and read, read, read, in an attempt to rediscover how to write. For some reason I have no trouble writing school papers and blog posts and the like.
I have a blog on a writing site for teenagers, only nobody ever really pays attention to me and I feel self-conscious there, like I'm begging for attention, and I also have a blog on Yahoo, on that Shine thingy, but that's frustrating because most of the other blogs are one-time affairs with some random person who doesn't know how to spell or capitalize asking a question about something, usually sex, and it's easy to get ignored or lost when you're trying to actually have a serious, proper blog. So. This IS a serious, proper blog and I think it is what I was looking for.
Enough rambling now. See ya later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment